RES Council Meeting
May 11th, 2016
(Which will be starting promptly at 9:00 am, at the school)
- 10 min - AGM – confirm time – June 8th at 7:00 – advertise 21 days before (May 18th)
o Someone in charge of advertising
o Volunteer appreciation – details
§ Someone in charge of the volunteer appreciation – form a committee of council members – Loni and Nancy
§ Vote on using $ for food
§ Hear plans from Loni – discuss any other details needed
- 5 min - Jen - Evaluation tasting day
o And any fridge updates?
- 15 min - Financial goals for next year
o Carmen – financial update
§ ?present the update at the AGM?
o Rachael – outline possibilities
§ Lock-down kits – donate an amount
§ Having a fund for field trips, etc for kids that cannot afford
§ Sponsor the DARE anti-bullying program
§ Sponsor a Fine Arts guest to the school
§ Should we make a decision today or wait til September?
- 10 min - Marlin
o Hot lunch money – how it is used for the school
- 5 min - Book drive
o The grade 6’s, under the direction of Mr Gilson would like to have a book drive (gently-used books) for schools in Fort McMurray
§ Would parents be supportive of this?
§ Would we help get the word out?
- 5 min - Cheri – review of the ASCA conference
- 5 min - Family Dance – discuss if and when
o If we are doing it in September we need to set a tentative date today and then vote on it next mtg with the new council
- 5 min - Positions for the upcoming school year
o list which positions we will need to fill
§ those not returning need to send Rachael a review of their position and responsibilities
- 5 min - Santa’s gone loonie - Lindsay Baldry
- 5 min - Discuss any changes to bylaws
o 6.3 – each position have a 2 yr term (if the person chooses to)
o 7.9 – change to the end of the current school year?
o 7.9.3 – a person can run for the same position again, but must be re-elected
o Any others? – if so, they can submit them to the council via email and we can decide through email which ones to have voted on at the AGM
- Next mtg: June 8th at 7:00 pm